We have known each other for nine years, we have worked together for three years, and were together for two years. He decided that he didn't want a future with me. That was three weeks ago.
With all of the hurt, pain, death, suffering, and problems in the world, it feels selfish to say that the most painful thing ever is when the person that you pick to give your heart to doesn't pick you back. It is so hard not to feel that way though.
I have officially been a LPN in the state of Ohio since November of 2009. It was half difficulty in finding a job, and half fear that kept me from pursuing/taking a job in the field right away. I decided to return to the full time job that I once loved instead. Well, as my mom always said, hindsight is 20/20. For many reasons, I decided a few months ago to throw myself back into the LPN job hunt.
It happened on a Sunday night. I couldn't bring myself to even go to work the next morning. Every part of that job reminded me of him. After a sleepless night, I called off, popped a couple OTC sleep aid pills, updated my resume, took a nap, and hit the road for a real, official, aggressive job search. I needed to create some sense of hope, in such a time of feeling so hopeless.
I went to two places, filled out applications, and handed them a copy of my resume. The next morning, I got a call from one of them. I interviewed that Thursday, and within two hours, was offered the job. I will be working 32 hours per week, with full time benefits, a significant pay increase and a foot in the door to create a real future for myself.
It still blows my mind just how much your life can change over only four days.
I start the new job on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment